We got the idea for this fun, funky and fabulous craft from the October issue of Family Fun magazine. They turned the ping-pong balls into glowing eyeballs! We made a few of them to hide in our shrubs for Halloween. But it was such a great craft that we decided that it shouldn’t be limited to just one season. Using the same basic idea, we decorated the ping-pong balls with colorful designs, then added color around the base of the tea light too. Now we have little glowing lights to brighten up any room!
1. Ping-Pong Balls
2. Colorful Sharpies
3. Battery Operated Tea Lights
4. Knife with Thin Blade (Adult Use Only, please!)
5. Colorful Duct Tape or Self-Adhesive Ribbons
1. Have an adult cut an X in the bottom of a ping-pong ball.
2. Draw a funky design on the ball with the permanent markers.
3. Push X on ball over the plastic flame on the tealight.
4. Wrap duct tape or decorative ribbon around base of light.