These cute tote bags were fun to make. Ours are scaled for 18” dolls like American Girl dolls.
- Felt shapes, decorative brads, ribbon, and rhinestones for decorating
- Ribbon, fishing line, coated wire for handles.
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Cut strip of felt so that when you fold it over it will be a little larger than desired bag size. (The dimensions of our bags were from 2 ¼ inches to 3 ½ inches.)
- Fold felt over and stitch up the sides.
- Decorate front of bag as desired. Be creative!
- Add handles. We used several methods to do this. For the orange bag we threaded beads onto fishing line and sewed it into the bag. The blue bag has beads strung on coated wire. For the bags with ribbon handles we threaded ribbon through the eye of a large needle and stitched it into the sides of the bag.
This craft was fast and fun!