I had a collection of little things that I didn’t want to throw away so I decided to create a college. Some of the items on my collage are small toys, pieces of hair jewlery, beads, and party favors.
- Trinkets (Broken Jewelry, party favors, souvenirs)
- Small piece of foam board or stiff cardboard
- Decorative paper. (We used scrapbook paper.)
- Have an adult help you cut a small (approximately 3’x7) piece of foam board or cardboard.
- Lay decorative paper on flat surface.
- Put foam board on top of paper and trace with pencil.
- Trace around the board with pencil.
- Cut out shape.
- Glue decorative paper to board.
- Arrange trinkets on paper.
- Glue to board.
These rings are super easy to make with a few simple supplies!
Ring Blanks (We ordered ours from e-bay.)
Scrabble Tiles (We picked up a game at a yard sale for a dollar.)
Ecoglue (Readily available online or at Wal-mart.)
Clear Fingernail Polish
1. Make a design on a scrabble tile with a sharpie.
2. After a few minutes, coat the design with clear nail polish. (Clear with glitter also works!)
3. Allow polish to dry. Add a second coat if needed or if you’d like the surface shinier.
4. Lay tile on flat surface with decorated side down.
5. Add a dab of ecoglue and apply ring blank.
(We use ecoglue because it is strong and water-based. Because these rings are made from wood products with water-based glue, you should take them off before washing your hands!)