We were inspired to create this tabletop decoration after seeing similar ones in stores. For the first ones we created, we transformed leftover yellow and white store bought “Easter Trees”. Then we created one from scratch, using an oak branch and an old flower pot.
1. Dried tree branch
2. Flower pot
6. Black Acrylic Paint
7. Paint brushes
10. Assorted Small Halloween items (We used leftover favors and jewelry from other years.)
1. Find a dead tree branch (we cut ours off of the deadened part of a tree)
2. Paint the branch black
3. Brush a small amount of glitter onto wet paint
4. Turn flower pot over onto cardboard and trace a circle
5. Cut out circle slightly smaller than the one you traced onto the cardboard. (Eventually, it will need to fit into the pot slightly below the top.)
6. Punch hole in middle of cardboard circle (to insert branch into later)
7. Spread glue onto circle and cover with glitter
8. Paint flower pot black
9. Sprinkle glitter onto wet pot if desired
10.When glue and glitter and glue is dry, assemble tree by adding rocks to the flower pot to keep it stable, then putting bottom of branch into cardboard circle and inserting into the flower pot. Use hot glue if to keep branch and circle in place if needed.
11. Now tie or glue items onto the tree. Add glitter to desired items, like we did with the spiders!