We’re still trying to find uses for all of the fun fur we bought and didn’t make into scarves. Making these trees with it was easy and a lot of fun!
1. Cones. We recycled these old cardboard bobbin cones, but you can use Styrofoam cones too.
2. Hot glue
3. Fun fur or other fun yarn
4. Marti Gras beads, beaded garland, or other strings of beads
5. Tree toppers. We used stars from a battery operated string of lights that no longer works. But you can use small ornaments, ornament stars, or even small Christmas balls.
1 Add a small vertical line (about an inch) of hot glue to the cone.
2. Wrap yarn around cone, crossing over glue until it is covered. Repeat these steps until tree is covered with yarn.
3. Fit star into hole in cone OR decide what other item you will use for your tree topper and glue it on top.
4. Starting at the top, wind beads around tree, using a few dots of glue to keep in place.
That’s it! You can add buttons, sequins, or other things to your tree too, but we decided to stick mostly with beads!
<a href=”http://tipjunkie.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.tipjunkie.com/images/TipMeTuesdayButton1.png” alt=”Tip Junkie handmade projects” border=”0″/></a>