When we saw these cute Valentine’s Day erasers at Target, we knew just what to do with them! They are perfect for fun and functional jewelry! And the craft is super easy too, and super inexpensive. Basically, here’s all you need:
1. Cute erasers.
2. Crafter’s Pick Glue, The Ultimate (or other strong child-safe glue)
3. Findings (Ring blanks, pin backs, eye pins, jump ring)
4. Wire clippers for cutting eye pins (scissors often work well too.)
5. Ribbon for necklace.
Directions for rings and pins:
1. Lay erasers on a flat surface.
2. Add a large dot of glue to the back of each one.
3. Pin back or ring blank on dot of glue.
4. Allow several hours to dry.
Directions for necklaces:
1. Cut an eyepin so that about 1/4 inch of wire extends from loop.
2. Poke into top of eraser.
3. Add a tiny dot of glue at the top if desired.
4. Add a jump ring through the eye pin.
5. String ribbon through jump ring.
See the finished products below! We feel sure you could do this same project with hot glue, but it tends to pull off of surfaces, so we don’t know how durable they would be.
This post is also linked to Toys in the Dryer, but their icon kept popping up on top of my photos every time I tried to upload it! So to see more Valentine’s crafts, visit them at http://www.toysinthedryer.com/.