We made these owl pins from Diet Coke can tabs.
*This craft requires working with hot glue in small areas, so adult supervision is needed.
1. Tabs from soda cans.
3. A feather.
5. Hot glue.
6. Coated wire for feet. (optional)
7. Felt for bill. (optional)
8. Small Pin Backs.
9. Wire clippers and round nosed pliers. (optional)
1. If you have wire clippers and round nosed pliers, you may want to work on the large hole in the tab to make it rounder/larger. An adult should do this. If you do not have these, it will work to use shape as is.
2. If you are using wire for feet, wrap coated wire around bottom of hole 3 times for each foot. You can use bits of sequin for feet too. If you choose to do this, glue to front of owl.
3. Take a large round sequin and trim to fit the back of the tab, so the shiny side will show through the large hole.
4. Glue sequin to back of tab with hot glue.
5. Cut a small trip of the fluffy part of a feather. Bend into V shape.
6. Glue V shape to the back of the tab.
7. Glue pin back over tip of feather V and large sequin.
8. Select two sequins for eyes. Glue in appropriate place.
9. Cut a triangle out of a sequin or felt. glue beneath eyes.
10. Select two small rhinestones for pupils, glue in middle of sequin-eyes.
You are done! Make a whole flock of them for pennies a piece.