3 Pipe Cleaners
Felt Pieces (construction paper could be substituted)
Directions for Making Cat:
(If you can make the cat you can make other creatures too!)
- Place a pompom in the center of pipe cleaner.
- Fold pipe cleaner around pompom so that pipe cleaner creates circle around pompom,
- Twist to secure.
- Bend cleaner into an L shape with pompom at the short end of the L. (This will be the cat’s head and neck.)
- Bend long end of L up (opposite head) to create tail.
- Fold two remaining pipe cleaners in half.
- Twist one pipe cleaner around L at the base of the cat’s “neck” to create front legs.
- Twist other pipe cleaner at base of “tail” to create back legs.
- Fold ends of these pipe cleaners forward to create feet.
- Select a piece of fuzzy yarn and begin wrapping it around the cat’s neck.
- Continue wrapping yarn up neck and around head.
- Wrap back down neck and continue wrapping around pipe cleaner figure.
- When you reach the middle of the cat’s “back”, hold a large pompom under the pipe cleaner and wrap it also. This will create a stomach of the cat.
- Continue wrapping until cat looks fuzzy all over.
- Cut small felt triangles for ears.
- Select a small pompom for nose, or cut small felt circle.
- Glue eyes, ears, and nose onto cat.