With all of the beautiful pipe cleaners and fun fur available today, it’s easy to make cute spiders for your pumpkin patch (or anywhere)!
Materials for each spider:
4 pipe cleaners
1 pom pom
2 wiggly eyes
1. Cross the four pipe cleaners over each other like the spokes of a wheel and twist at the center to keep them together.
2. Allow one end of Fun Fur to drop down below the middle, then start weaving the yarn in and out of the pipe cleaner “legs.”
3. When you think the body is the right size, cut yarn, and tie end to loose end at bottom of spider. Trim extra yarn.
4. Have an adult help you hot glue a pompom to the front of the spider for a head.
5. Add (at least) two wiggly eyes.
*If you would like a spider to be more puffy in the middle, glue an extra pompom to center of pipe cleaners before wrapping with yarn. Wrap yarn around it a few times before weaving through the legs. We did this for the orange spider.
*Add a piece of fishing line and let your spider dangle!
This craft was inspired by a craft my mom made in girl scouts. This spider used to have a paper head. It doesn’t look so good anymore!